Friday, February 12, 2010

Training Update - 8

As expected, I took yesterday off due to the weather and, since I worked at home, no access to the company fitness center. Also as expected, no biggee.

Today I normally cross-train by riding the stationary bike for some time, usually from 30 to 75 minutes, and working my upper body through resistance training. I changed it up a tad today by doing a tempo run on the treadmill and then the resistance training. The tempo run was supposed to be for seven miles, starting at 8:00 minutes per mile and descending to 7:00 minutes per mile before working my way back up the times. But my left knee started hurting again after about 2.5 miles so I cut it back to five miles, going 8:00, 7:30, 7:13, 7:30, and closing with an 8:00. Not a bad workout.

It's clear the resistance training is working. Today was the 11th workout and my weights are increasing. I am still trying to get to muscle failure prior to the third set being completed, and almost made it on the dumbbell press. I can already see visual results...I wonder what the potential is with all the running.

I'll have to post on my diet sometime soon. I've changed it a bit since the marathon.

Run on.

No comments:

Post a Comment