Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lightning in the Legs

I put off running today until after the sun went down and the full moon came up...and what a night it was. The temperature was at 60, the humidity was at 36, and so the TH Index was a mere and fantastic 96. My time showed it.

I had decided early today to run 9.4 miles at some point, and with the wind and general activities I waited until after dinner. Then I ran at a 6:57 pace over the 9.4 miles, which has to be some kind of record for me. It felt fast, it felt good.

And I'll probably take an ibuprofen in a bit so I won't wake up around 4am with shins hurting.

A few notes of interest: my shadow in front of me on the moon-lit concrete, nobody yelling at me since I can be seen in my yellow night running shirt, and the complete anonymity of running in the dark.

It's nights like these that make me want to come back in a couple of days, but also make me dread it because it will be a long time before I can do this on a consistent basis. At times, it's no good getting older....

No comments:

Post a Comment