Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Training Update - 11

I'll start by giving a run-of-the-mill update on yesterday...I had taken Sunday off after running long on Saturday, so I wanted to run somewhat hard Monday prior to a Yasso 800 test today. The weather was very wet off and on all day Monday, so I decided to run on the treadmill instead of dodging puddles and mud on my 6 mile outdoor loop from work.

The goal was an 8 minute first mile and then five miles at 7:00 or 7:30. A quarter mile into the fast stuff and I'd had enough of that, so I backed off and ran an hour (the maximum the goofball treadmill would go) over 7.5 miles. You can do the math on that one.

One item of note was that around mile six I was talking with the fitness center staffer (strange that at 8:00 miles one can run along and talk like nothing) and asked if my stride looked like a shuffle. It just didn't feel like I was lifting my legs. He thought things looked normal, but that I was probably just a little tired from Saturday's long run. Probably so, especially considering poor start.

I'll talk about today's Yasso workout under another post to keep it separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment