Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fast Comeback

Okay, so I walked home this morning. I was talked into a fast run tonight, a quick out-and-back totalling 5.3 miles at a 7:06 pace. And the second half was around two minutes faster than the out pace. Blistering. Makes me think again I can run a really fast half marathon and qualify for the New York City Marathon instead of trying to lottery in, thus extending my marathon career unnecessarily.

And yes, I wore the fast shorts tonight, but not the fast socks. Maybe I could have run a 6:00 pace with them!

And on another note, here's a shout out to the 50 mile trail racers over at Smithville today. Gotta be tough to do that one.

Unfortunately, my shins are aching so I've already taken an ibuprofen and am ready for bed.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment