Monday, May 24, 2010

Back Indoors

After Saturday's hot run, I moved it indoors today for a 12 mile treadmill run. I know, it sounds horrible, and the fitness center trainer even came over and talked for a while about how 12 miles is maybe the most boring thing ever, but it went fast enough with attention paid to the running.

The summary is 12 miles in 7:28 pace, fairly steady all the way, with a heap of sweat on the side. I took an ibuprofen about 30 minutes before the run and stretched the calves/shins after and feel okay now. The next day is always the test, though.

I suspect, like I told the trainer, that I'll be indoors other than speed work for the rest of the summer. Bummer in a way, but what choice is there? There are other Houston runners doing it outside - I have read some of their blogs - but I have no desire for that. Just not dedicated enough? Maybe.

I may give it another go tomorrow to test the shins. If things don't go okay I'll call it off, and knowing I have a mini-vacation to Yosemite National Park this weekend will take some of the edge off if things go badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment