Monday, May 3, 2010

Back Online

I got my laptop running again today, thanks to the help desk at work. I was going to talk about the Gusher Marathon in Beaumont yesterday, but I'll save that for another day. A hint is that the surprise was in the 5k; the other surprise was that nobody died, or at least nobody was reported to have died.

I cut my run to three miles on the treadmill today due to shin soreness. I sort of knew this was coming over the past week following two months of relatively, for me, heavy mileage. Another bummer is the warm weather...it hit 88 degrees today, although the humidity is still really low. I have managed to keep the air conditioner off so far, remarkably. My home improvement projects, including self-adding R-30 insulation in the attic and putting homemade solar screen shades on my east and west facing windows, may be working. Combined with my one-year-old 14 SEER air conditioning unit and the new roof with ridge vents and four times the soffit vents and I'm ready for summer.

If only now my running was.

No comments:

Post a Comment