Monday, May 31, 2010

Failed Run

I closed out my Yosemite National Park visit by walking through the Tuolumne sequoia grove and Merced sequoia grove. There is nothing like walking a few miles and then, suddenly and amazingly surprisingly, there are these absolutely huge trees. There simply is nothing like them. Cinnamon-red in color, sometimes an order of magnitude larger than anything else near, and older than I can comprehend, these trees are just spectacular.

I then fought crowds in the Hetch Hetchy area, which was a waste of time, again. Every time I have been there I have felt the same way. I won't go back to this God-forsaken place with its San Francisco-supporting dam. 'Nuff said.

Once I got back to San Francisco for my work, turning a four hour drive into six with the Memorial Day traffic slowing to a stop-and-go for miles at times, I went to the fitness center for a treadmill run. After about 2.4 miles I had to use the bathroom, and since it was after 10pm I just went to bed. So much for running. I'd had a long, fitness-requiring weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment