Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On Course

I ran the 12 miles yesterday as planned, although it was a bit convoluted in how I did it. I started with the usual treadmill run, but for some reason my right heel started huring just before mile 5 (this is the same area that had plantar fasciitis a few years ago, and I'm still gun shy), so I decided to walk a bit and maybe just quit the run. After stopping the treadmill it magically felt better, so I grabbed a lap counter and ran on the 5.5 laps/mile indoor track. This was the first time I have been on the track in maybe a year, and I don't really like it since the corners are so tight (it sits on the perimeter of a downtown-block size building) and with major mileage my ankles take too much of a pounding. But I managed to cruise the last seven miles on the track to total the goal twelve. The run was in about 7:45 mile pace, although I'm not completely sure since the track portion was run without a watch (I could see a digital clock and calibrated a few laps here and there, but overall I really don't know what my pace was).

So I'm 30% the way through the week, with a ten mile run for today. Last week the ten mile run after the twelve was very difficult, and I can feel tiredness in my legs, so the entertainment value may be high.

No comments:

Post a Comment