Thursday, July 15, 2010

Triple Runs

I did something I don't think I have done in the three years since I have been running...I ran for a third consecutive day today. This event was driven mostly by my leaving for a 10 day vacation tomorrow so I had plenty of recovery time, and somewhat driven by my recent good runs. Today was no different.

So off I went with tired legs, but I put the machine on 7:30 a mile just to see what would happen. By the time I was done I had covered six miles in 7:29 a mile, which I thought was outstanding given the week's total mileage of 28 miles in an average 7:30 a mile. Now for the vacation rest!

One issue with the being "driven by my recent good runs" is that I can easily hurt myself with too much enthusiasm. Bad idea. I have worked hard at knowing what my body should be able to do with each run and then either staying in that plan or going slower, but seldom faster. I've had some success and some failure with this strategy, but it makes sense so far. Execution, as always, is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment