Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slow Down

After the two great runs earlier this week I suppose I was due for a less-than-stellar outing, and this was it, or was it?

I ran eight miles in 7:30 a mile, not horrible, but it felt that way. The first 3.5 miles were a real struggle, the middle 2.5 were easy and flew by, and the end almost never came. I guess I should expect a day like this on occasion.

But was it really that bad? I went back over the past three years of running records and found only eleven running days that I would say were demonstrably better, in terms of distance and speed, than today. Not so bad. Have my expectations changed that much, and that quickly? Is this a recipe for injury?

Questions abound, and only discipline, time, and more running will answer.

One small note: my left heel hurts a bit on the outside of it just down toward the toes. I'm not sure what to think, but equally not sure what to do. I'll feel it some more and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment